6ft Long Rustic EXTRA LARGE JUMBO Wooden Planter Garden Flower Plant Trough Tub
6ft Long Rustic EXTRA LARGE JUMBO Wooden Planter Garden Flower Plant Trough Tub
Deluxe Rustic Planter
Handmade using High Quality Chunky Treated Boards by our experienced wood workers who take pride in their attention to detail.
182cm (6ft) long
30cm (12″) wide
27cm (11″) high
Other sizes/finishes available in our store
The base is made from 25mm (1″) thick all weather pressure treated wood. this is essential to ensure a long life of the planter. Be careful of sellers who use sub-standard material for the bases which will not stand the test of time as the base takes most of the weight and is in constant contact with soil & moisture.
Planters stand on treated chunky feet to keep the trough off the floor.
Fitted with Nickel case corners for an attractive finish and extra durability
The base is pre-drilled for drainage
Fully pressure treated for a long lasting finish.
Fantastic addition to any home garden. allotment. greenhouse. patio. decking. Pub beer Gardens. parks etc….
Also available in a range of other sizes / finishes (please see our Ebay shop for other Planting troughs. window planters. toy boxes. patio tubs. plant boxes. decking. wood. timber. Bird tables )
Post to UK only
How to make a wooden planter
A wooden planter is a great way of creating a bed to grow plants and vegetables in if you are short of space.
Your wooden planter can be adapted to fit any corner, depending on your needs. And, as it’s made of pressure-treated timber it can be stained in any colour and won’t rot.
You can make a wooden planter in a day, using treated timber. Simply work out how big an area you need, cut the wood to size and follow our steps to putting the planter together. Make sure your wooden planter has drainage holes, so plants don’t become waterlogged. However, if positioning your planter in full sun, you may consider lining the inside of the planter with pieces of old compost bag, to keep the compost moist and reduce the need for regular watering.
More on garden planters and raised beds:
Follow our simple steps to creating a wooden planter, below.
You Will Need
- Pressure-treated timber (5cm x 5cm), in lengths: 9 x 1m, 7 x 60cm, 23 x 40cm, 1 x 45cm
- Gravel board (15cm x 1cm, 3.45m length)
- 3mm wood drill bit
- Try square
- Tape measure
- Zinc-plated screws (75 x 7.5cm and 20 x 5cm)
Mark and cut all the pieces of timber to the correct lengths, cutting the ends as squarely as possible for a smooth finish. Using a 3mm drill bit, make a hole around 2.5cm from the end of every length to stop the wood splitting when you put in the screws.
Lay out two 100cm, 60cm and 40cm lengths to form the frame. Butt one end of each length up to the next with the drilled holes on the side. Check the angles with the try square before fitting a screwdriver attachment and fixing the frame together with 7.5cm screws.
Cut treated gravel board to the appropriate lengths for the planter bottom. Place the bottom boards on the frame. Don’t worry if there are gaps up to 5cm wide between the boards as the planter will be lined. Pre-drill the bottom boards, check the frame is square again, then attach the boards to the frame using 5cm screws.
Flip the frame over onto the other side so the bottom boards sit on the ground. Lay the next course and alternate the corner joins. Check all ends are flush and fix with 7.5cm screws.
Build up four layers in this way. Instead of a final 60cm piece, lay a 100cm length across the gap to support the raised square.
For the perfect fit, measure the cross-bar piece when it’s in position across the frame and cut it in situ.
Attach one end of the length with a 7.5cm screw from above, as shown. Fix the other by screwing into it from the outside of the frame.
Lay the 45cm length across the other gap, lining it up with the adjacent side to make a rectangle (see picture). Check the angles and screw it into place.
Finish this layer by placing two 40cm lengths at right angles to the 45cm piece, then cut the final length to fit the remaining gap. Continue adding courses of 40cm lengths of timber, with alternating joints, until the raised section of the planter is four layers deep.
Protecting the wood
To protect the wood, line the planter inside with plastic, such as old plastic compost bags, fixing it with small nails. Make drainage holes before filling it with compost.
Maxi Manger Trough Planters
Getting the most from these Maxi Manger Trough Planters isn't difficult and even though quality raised beds and planters are - pardon the pun - a huge growth area as gardeners realise the benefits of growing their own vegetables, fruit, salad and herbs in waist height comfort with little or no maintenance and free from certain pests, we're still rather pleased with the stylish Maxi Manger Plant trough we've both researched and designed.
Standing 79cm off the ground, 83cm wide and available in 4 lengths (2ft/0.6m, 4ft/1.2m, 6ft/1.8m & 8ft/2.4m - image shows 4ft trough planter) these wooden troughs provide growing options that single level raised beds can't dream of offering. Plant your salads and shallow rooting crops round the perimeter of the vegetable trough and let the plants (including carrots and parsnips) which require extra depth really stretch their legs in the centre, where 45cm of soil is available.
Manufactured from Scandinavian softwood sourced from sustainably managed forests, the planed timber used in the planters is 2cm thick and has been pressure treated using a safe preserve. The timber is kiln dried and selected to a structural standard to ensure high quality
These stylish wooden planters are also proving popular as flower troughs, ideal for creating a stunning floral display in your garden, perfect on the patio for a splash of summer colour.
Carrying a 3 year structural guarantee, you can be sure the Maxi Manger Raised Planter won't let you down and your patio will be grateful for the thick, fitted, non-woven polypropylene fabric liner which aids water retention, contains fine sand and compost and helps prevent leaching.
We've also added smaller versions of the Maxi Manger Trough Planter - the Mini Manger and Micro Manger which are also available in 4 lengths and are ideal for the patio or courtyard.
And you can turn your Maxi Manger Raised Planter into the ultimate patio vegetable growing system with the new Hoops and Cover Kits - designed exclusively for all lengths of Maxi Manger!
- Manger Raised Planter manufactured from 2cm thick planed timber
- Made from Scandinavian softwood sourced from sustainably managed forests.
- Timber is kiln dried and selected to a structural standard to ensure high quality
- Stands 79cm High
- Measures 83cm wide
- Available in 4 sizes - 2ft/0.6m, 4ft/1.2m, 6ft/1.8m and 8ft/2.4m - image shows 4ft trough planter
- Timber is high pressure treated with a safe preserve following consultation with Garden Organic
- Provides a hefty 45cm growing depth in the centre
- Strengthened with internal supports and leg braces
- 3 year structural guarantee
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly
- Comes complete with thick, fitted, non-woven polypropylene fabric liner specially tailored for the bed
- Ideal for both shallow and deep rooting vegetables
- Enables you to work at a comfortable height
- Thwarts some ground-dwelling pests
- For the ultimate in crop protection try our new Hoops and Cover Kits
- Liner helps prevent residue leaching onto patio or courtyard and protects timber even further
- Opens up growing options on patios, balconies and terraces and in courtyards
- Ideal for town or city gardens with limited space
- Allows gardeners with back problems to carry on growing
- Supplied with full assembly instructions
- Recommended two person assembly
- We strongly recommend the use of an electric screwdriver with a clutch for assembly and a Pozidrive (PZ2) screwdriver or screw bit to make assembly of the Manger Raised Planter much quicker and easier
- Mini Manger Trough Planter & Micro Manger Trough Planter also available
- Replacement Liners are also available separately
How Much Compost?
When working out the amount of compost required to fill your Maxi Manger Raised Planter, use the following simple guide - each 60cm (2ft) length requires approx 120 litres of material. Don't forget to add plenty of organic matter to improve both soil structure and water retention!
LARGE WOODEN GARDEN PLANTER TROUGH 50cm SOIL DEPTH **FREE LINING & FREE GIFT**
LARGE WOODEN GARDEN DECKING PLANTER
- Delivered ready to plant -
- Ample Drainage throughout base of planter -
- Hand made to a high standard right here in the UK -
- Treated with Tanalith E. Giving your planter the protection it needs -
- Constructed with feet raising your new trough off the floor by 3cm or 1 inch. -
- Decking used throughout the construction of your planter including the base and the feet -
- Our pre fitted Lining allows water to pass through slowly aiding in water retention perfect for plants. -
Not quite the right size or colour?
Don't panic we have a wide range of colours and sizes available. Please browse our full range of planters from our websites homepage
We can also make custom planters, to your individual specifications, simply get in contact with your required dimensions and we will get back to you with a quote as soon as we can.
GREAT QUALITY ITEMS, AT GREAT QUALITY PRICES.
All our planters are dispatched within 10 days of receiving payment via our 48 hour delivery service.
Free Delivery to Mainland UK Only. If you wish to have an item delivered outside of the UK mainland please contact us before you buy to discuss your delivery requirements.
Also if you have any further queries regarding delivery please don't hesitate to get in touch
We strive to provide you with the best quality at the best price, with the best customer service on the entire web. If you have any issues please don't hesitate to get in touch we will do our best to help with any problems or queries you may have.
If for any reason you wish to return your item within 28 days of purchase simply let us know, arrange to return the item and we will issue you with a full refund, *delivery charges may still apply.*
Wooden planting troughs
.Pallet Wood Planter
- 36 inch vanity
- Top 50 live sub count
- Earthworm jim gameboy
- Winterboard not working
- Lancaster thunder basketball
- Wave powerpoint template
- 2000 camry tail lights
- Red screen virus 2017
- Aztec shirt design
- Modern african pillows
- Result cambodia jayatogel