Check out these fun Ocean Animal Crafts that kids can do at home to help them explore life under the sea in fun and creative ways.
For more under the sea fun check out my Crumpled Paper Turtle Kids Craft!
27 Ocean Animal Crafts for Kids
1. Octopus Kids Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
Not only is it simple to make, but it incorporates fine motor skills and using scissors so it’s a perfect preschool activity.
2. Printable Jellyfish Puppets from Picklebums
These Free printable templates to make your own jellyfish puppets are almost as adorable as the song that inspired this craft.
3. Paper Plate Whale from In the Playroom
This is a quick and easy, and pretty mess free paper plate craft idea.
4. Shark Sensory Bin from Stir the Wonder
This Shark Sensory Bottle creates the imagery of the ocean with a shark swimming around.
5. Paper Plate Hermit Crab from Glued to My Crafts
This Paper Plate Hermit Crab craft activity is super simple, fun for all ages and really inexpensive too!Plus it incorporates your child’s handprint.
6. Seahorse Craft from Mama’s Little Muse
This Seahorse craft was inspired by the artwork and story found in Eric Carle’s Mister Seahorse.
7. Oyster Pearls Preschool Craft from Things to Share and Remember
This Oyster craft is a fun and exciting way for kids to discover what’s found on the ocean floor!
8. Clay Sea Turtle Art from Buggy and Buddy
Using clay to create sea turtle sculptures is such a fun way to combine art and science
9. Paper Plate Lobster from Craftulate
How adorable is this paper plate crab? It’s a simple paper plate craft that it a lot of fun to make and play with after.
10. Bubble Wrap Starfish Craft from No Time for Flash Cards
Use bubble wrap or a dish scrubbie in this fun painted starfish craft.
11. Celery Stamping Rainbow Fish from Crafty Morning
Celery makes the perfect stamp to create scales!
12. Clownfish Paper Plate Craft from I Heart Arts ‘N Crafts
Kids are sure t love this Nemo inspired paper plate craft .
13. Handprint Heart Squid from My Little Me
This little cutie includes two different variations on the craft to try.
14. Cupcake Liner Crabs from Love and Marriage
This is a simple but adorable craft using cupcake liners!
15. Paper Plate Walrus from I Heart Crafty Things
These paper plate walrus’s make use of some pretty creative materials.
16. Coffee Filter Jelly Fish from Happy Hooligans
Making this vibrant coffee filter jellyfish craft is a great way for kids to explore colour and water absorption while developing fine motor skills and co-ordination.
17. Toilet Roll Octopus from Kids Activities Blog
This toilet roll octopus craft is very creative and so much fun, kids will adore making their very own wiggly under-the-sea characters.
18. Paper Plate Crab from I Heart Crafty Things
Paper Plate Crab Craft with Numerical Sequence Practice.
19. Puffer Fish Craft from Sassy Dealz
Use a plastic fork to paint this fish with any colour combinations your child desires!
20. Paper Plate Oyster from Classified: Mom (*06/12/2020 – this craft has been removed)
21. Egg Carton Turtle from Munchkin Time
This is a fun and colourful way to reuse egg cartons.
22. Styrofoam Cup Whale from Glued to My Crafts
Using easy-to-find styrofoam cups, craft paint, pipe cleaners and craft foam – you too can make this beach-friendly whale creature come to life within minutes!
23. Rainbow Fish Puppets from Living Well Spending Less
Inspired by The Rainbow Fish, this is such a pretty craft!
24. DIY Starfish from Preschool Inspirations
Pasta, plaster of paris and a fun shaped mold are all you need to make this fun project.
25. Toilet Paper Roll Fish from No Time for Flash Cards
Toilet rolls, paint, googley eyes and a little bit of scissorwork are all you need to make your own toilet paper roll fish!
26. Foam Ball Octopus Craft from Crafty Morning
Here’s a cute craft for the kiddos to make if you’re learning about ocean animals! A styrofoam ball octopus.
27. Fish Wind Chime from Morenas Corner
Learn how to turn plastic eggs into an Anthropologie inspired wind chime.
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!
15 Ocean Animal Crafts for Kids
The Ocean is full of all kinds of fascinating animals. The tiniest being Zooplankton & the biggest being Blue Whales. Big or little these animals all live make up their own little world under the Ocean. Here are some fun crafts (& some facts) about some of these interesting animals.
1) Jellyfish Craft for Kids - Mom's Kitchen and Things
The smallest jellyfish is a Irukandji jellyfish, a type of box jellyfish.
2) Paper Plate Shark - Oriental Trading
Anytime a shark looses a tooth it goes another one.
3) Recycled CD Walrus Craft for Kids - Mom's Kitchen and Things
A male walrus is called bull, a female walrus is called a cow, & a baby walrus is called a calf.
4) Paper Plate Seahorse Craft for Kids - Glued to My Crafts Blog
Male seahorses carry the females eggs in a pouch (similar to a kangaroo's) until they hatch.
5) Octopus Kid Craft - I Heart Crafty Things
Octopuses have 3 hearts.
6) Toilet Paper Roll Squid Craft for Kids - Mom's Kitchen and Things
Giant Squid have eyes the size of frisbees.
7) Rainbow Fish Foil Painting - I Heart Arts n Crafts
A rainbow fishes color intensifies with age.
8) Paper Plate Pufferfish - Buggy and Buddy
The puffer fish can expand its body extremely quickly when faced with danger, unavailing it's long poisonous spikes that cover its body.
9) Styrofoam Bowl Turtles - Mom's Kitchen and Things
Although there are hundreds of different species of turtles, there are only 7 different species of sea turtles.
10) Starfish Textured Art - Fireflies and Mudpies
Although it can take years, starfish can regenerate their limbs.
11) Sea Urchin Kids Craft - I Heart Crafty Things
Red sea urchin has the longest lifespan on Earth. It can survive up to 200 years in the wild.
12) Paper Plate Stingray Craft - The Pinterested Parent
Rays are flattened fish closely related to sharks. All belong to a group of fish called Elasmobranchs.
13) Styrofoam Bowl Crab Craft - Mom's Kitchen and Things
Crabs are also known as decapods because they have 10 legs. First pair of legs are the claws, called chelae.
14) Killer Whale Paper Plate Craft - Pinterest
Killer Whales or Orcas are a type of dolphin.
15) Paper Plate Penguin Craft for Kids - I Heart Crafty Things
Penguins are flightless birds.
70 Creative sea animal crafts for kids (Ocean creatures)
Teaching and learning with kids and their creativity is so rewarding. Make these creative sea animal crafts and activities with kids. Great ideas for imaginative preschoolers and children who love to make ocean creatures like fishes, octopus, sharks, water plants, crabs, lobsters, star fish, whale, turtles, coral reef and so much more.
Since the ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul. here are some fun loving activities for your kids to help them learn, make, and inspire in the best way with games and DIY craft ideas related to sea animals. Activities in this collection are applicable to all age groups from toddlers – kindergartners to 5th graders.
CREATIVE SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS
DO NOT COPY, EDIT, SAVE OR PASTE THIS IMAGE. COPYRIGHT OF CRAFTIONARY.NET
Find ideas to make sea animals and ocean creatures like:
- Coral reef
- Turtle or tortoise
- Seabed creatures
- Sea urchid
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – HABITAT
DIORAMA FOR SEA ANIMAL BARRIER REEF
Teach your kids how to make this fun card here. Let their imagination go wild in choosing animals and their positions. The idea is to use puffy paint to color the sea creatures and use digital stamps for the base.
CORAL REEF OCEAN CREATURES
Kids love to explore underwater life at aquariums and museums, what they would love more than that is if they had their own aquarium to play with all day. Even if they are not yet ready to pet a living sea creature but they are definitely ready to make their very own aquarium, tutorial here.
The old school shoe box activity never gets old, and they even have printable for you to choose from.
MINI MASON JAR AQUARIUM
Main equipment for this project include Mason Jar and lots of sea creature figurines, tutorialhere.
CARDBOARD CORAL REEF
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – RECYCLE
SEA CREATURES OUT OF EGG CARTONS
This tutorial uses very basic craft materials like pipe cleaners, beads and obviously egg cartons to create master pieces, here.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – PROJECTS
SEA CREATURES MOBILE
Sew a fabric or felt mobile.
SEA CREATURE CRAYONS
Upcycle old and broken crayons into interesting water animal shapes using molds filled with crayons and melt them in the oven to reshape, tutorial here.
SEA CREATURES HANGING
Make this fun decorative hanging with beads, felt and yarn. Also great for teaching fine motor skills and sequencing.
DIY SEA CREATURE KIDS SOAP
Homemade soaps with ocean animal squeaky toy, made using tutorial here. Also make great party favors.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – TURTLES
BOTTOMS UP SEA TURTLE
These are the cutest non living turtle I’ve ever encountered and the best part is they are way too easy to make. Make cutout turtle bodies with formic sheets also called foam and recycle plastic bottle bottoms for the turtle shell, finished with buttons and thread.
CLAY TURTLE TIC TAC TOE
A fun activity and game for 2 or 3 year old kids to make with clay, here.
CLIMBING CRITTER TURTLE
Make and move the turtle activity here.
Walnut shells, googly eyes and paper turtle bodies to make this cute craft here.
HOW TO MAKE A FELT SEA TURTLE
Felt cutouts glued together to make sea turtle/ tortoise in two different ways here.
STUFFED FABRIC TURTLE FOR KIDS
Make a fluffy plush toy following the instructions here.
EGG CARTON TORTOISE
Make these cute sea animals using egg carton, pom poms and buttons. Found here.
TURTLE KIDS CRAFT
Easy craft here.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – FISHES
PUFFER FISH USING FORK
Creative tutorial here.
PAPER PLATE KIDS FISH CRAFT
WOVEN PAPER FISH
Weave paper or ribbons together to create contrasting patterns for fish bodies with this kids craft.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – DISNEY
LITTLE MERMAID CRAFT
Help your little princess in creating her favorite fairy tale become a reality with these 3 in 1 free printables of DIY 3D Princess Ariel, 3D flounder and, 3D Ursula. No longer available on Disney website.
GOLD FISH KIDS CRAFT
An interactive story telling fish craft, the idea can be used to create various sea animals.
BOTTLE CAP FISH ART
Repurpose bottle caps to create an ocean scene, project here.
DIY BUTTON FISH
A tutorial to make fish with buttons by sewing on the felt to create a decorative frame. This idea is also good for creating button fish using glue, fabric, paper and so much more.
PAPER PLATE FISH CRAFT
Tutorial to make this sea animal craft.
FOIL FISH UNDER THE SEA CRAFT
POPSICLE STICK FISH
Colorful angelfish created using craft sticks also called ice cream sticks and lolly sticks here.
PAPER ORIGAMI FISHES
PAPER PLATE SEA ANIMALS
Fun to create and super fun to innovate with colors, project here.
PUFFY PAINT FISH
Paint based activity that involves use of puffy paint using shaving cream and colored glue to create fish craft here.
SEA FISH MAGNET GAME
Build and play fishing game with these felt fishes and fishing rods using the instructions here.
SEA SHELL FISH
Put your seashells collection from last visit to beach to good use into making these cute fish crafts found here.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – SHARKS
FEED THE SHARK GAME
Equally fun activity for toddlers and kindergartners that is learning based for teaching kids about alphabets found here.
PIPE CLEANER STARFISH
Fun project that involves dipping and pressing pipe cleaner made stamps to create different shapes.
DIY SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – OCTOPUS
Give few materials like cardboard, paint and markers to your kids with instructions from here.
TOILET PAPER ROLL OCTOPUS
Craft sea animals with kids using crepe paper and colored papers like this octopus here.
DIY OCTOPUS COSTUME
Find instructions here.
RECYCLE OCTOPUS CRAFT
Create an octopus shaped memory box by recycling empty chocolate and cookie tin and cardboard boxes, tutorial here.
MAKE A YARN OCTOPUS
tutorial no longer available.
Make a cute octopus sea animal craft with foam ball and paper, found here.
TOILET ROLL OCTOPUS CRAFT
Make this cute ocean creature with toilet paper roll and threads, found here.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – JELLYFISH
PIPE CLEANER JELLYFISH
Pipe cleaner and styrofoam balls cut in half makes perfect jellyfishes with googly eyes and some paint, project found here.
JELLYFISH MIXED MEDIA PAINTING
Tutorial here uses mediums like acrylic paint, pastel, chalk etc to create different effects on the paper.
SUN CATCHER JELLYFISH KIDS CRAFT
PAPER PLATE JELLY FISH
Ocean themed kids craft here.
DIY SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – SEABED
SEA URCHIN KIDS CRAFT
Sea Urchins are really fascinating sea creatures. They are actually carnivorous living animals which look like plants. Kids don’t find them on beaches and sea shores, these hidden treasures live under the sea on the seabed, craft here.
DIY SEA ANEMONE CRAFT
PAPER PLATE OYSTER PEARLS
Pearl bracelet in an oyster made with paper plate from the ocean floor, tutorial here.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – SEAHORSE
SEA HORSE PAINTING
Painted patterns that can be created using things like bubble wrap, egg carton and sponge etc here.
DIY SEASHELL SEAHORSE ART
This project is so neat, it can also be used as a home decor instructions here.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – CRABS
STYROFOAM CUP CRABS
Pipe cleaners and disposable cups makes cute ocean crabs like THESE.
PAPER PLATE HERMIT CRAB
Tutorial to make this craft here.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – MERMAID
CLOTHES PEG MERMAIDS
Upcycle clothespin into mermaids using foam and paint, here.
SEA ANIMAL CRAFTS – LOBSTER
LOBSTER PAPER BAG CRAFT
HAND PRINT LOBSTER CRAFT
PAPER PLATE LOBSTER
Some links were broken and have been removed. If you know the original source please leave a comment. Thank you!
Minion recycle projects for kids HERE.
Creative ideas to make abstract art on any surface HERE.
Activity based free printables for kids (preschoolers and kindergartners) HERE.
2 responses to “70 Creative sea animal crafts for kids (Ocean creatures)”
Ocean Animal Crafts for Kids
Sharing is caring!
If your kids are equally fascinated by these mysterious sea creatures from the deep, you’re definitely going to want to check out this fun printable paper ocean animal crafts.
These ocean animal craft printables are is an easy activity for toddlers and preschoolers to enjoy. It’s a great way to spend some quality time learning about ocean animals with your little ones before a trip to the beach or as part of a unit study on ocean animals.
There is so little prep work required and a very short list of supplies, but these under the sea creatures are jam packed with fun! You can decide to print on the instructed color paper or print it on white paper and turn it into a fun coloring activity!
Be sure to tell us in the comments which ocean animal craft was your favorite!
1. Octopus Ocean Animal Craft – Teaching the letter O or exploring ocean animals with your preschool toddlers? Use the free printable octopus craft template to make this cute octopus friend. He makes the perfect, easy summer, under the sea art project for your kindergartner too!
2. Pelican Craft for Kids – This easy and fun pelican craft is a perfect ocean theme paper art project for your preschool kids and toddlers. Use the free printable pelican template and make this adorable ocean animal now!
3. Lobster Craft for Kids – Teaching the letter L or exploring the ocean with your toddler or preschooler? Use this free printable lobster template and build your own cut and paste lobster friend! He is the perfect, easy, under the sea art project to do this summer with your kids.
4. Dolphin Craft for Kids – Looking for your next ocean theme project? Use our free printable dolphin template to make this adorable dolphin craft! Click and find the easy tutorial to make this fun ocean art project. Perfect for kids of all ages; including preschoolers and toddlers.
5. Clam Craft for Kids – Whether you are taking a trip to the beach or learning about seashells, this adorable clam shell, free printable craft is for you! Use the clam template during summer, at home, or in the classroom during your under the sea unit or ocean theme!
6. Jellyfish Craft for Kids– Teaching the letter J or exploring ocean animals with your preschooler or toddlers kids? Use the free printable template and make your own jellyfish craft friend. He is the perfect, easy under the sea art project to do this summer!
7. Shark Craft for Kids – Looking for a fun craft to due during Shark Week? Look no further because this adorable shark craft is waiting for you! He is perfect for kids of all ages, especially preschoolers and toddlers. Use him during shark week too! You won’t need any paper plate for this summer craft! Just try not to get the doodoo baby shark song stuck in your head!
8. Puffer Fish Craft– Are you feeling crafty this morning? Use our free printable blow fish puffer fish template to make this adorable ocean themed craft! You don’t need a paper plate to make this blow fish and puffer fish friend. Just grab your kids, preschoolers or toddlers and start crafting!
9. ‘Dory’ Fish Craft – Do you love the movie Finding Nemo? What about Finding Dory? Then you are going to love this paper blue tang fish art project! With a free printable blue tang template, your ocean themed, aquarium craft can begin! She is perfect for kids of all ages including preschoolers and toddlers.
10. Lion Fish Craft – Fish crafts are always perfect for the summer! But what about a lion fish craft? How cool!? Use the free printable lion fish template to make this easy, paper ocean animal friend! He is perfect for kids of all ages including preschoolers and toddlers.
11. Sea Turtle Craft – Looking for a fun sea turtle craft? You won’t need a paper plate for this beach art project! Use our free printable sea turtle template to make this easy diy ocean animal craft idea! He is simple and fun for even the smallest of kids, preschoolers and toddlers!
12. Sperm Whale Craft – Looking for a fun summer craft or maybe a cute greeting card to cheer someone up? Click now to print this cute whale template and paste together an ocean full of fun! He is perfect for kids of all ages, including preschoolers and toddlers!
13. Stingray Craft – Looking for your next ocean theme or vbs craft? Use our free printable stingray template and make this simple stingray craft! Click and find the tutorial to make this fun kids craft. This cut and paste stingray craft is perfect for kids of all ages including preschoolers and toddlers.
14. Eel Craft – Looking for your next ocean theme project? Use our free printable eel template to make this adorable eel craft! Click and find the easy tutorial to make this fun ocean art project. Perfect for kids of all ages including preschoolers and toddlers.
15. Starfish Craft– Dive under the sea to find your next sea creature ocean craft! This adorable starfish is so easy to make! Simply print the star fish template and get your arts and crafts on! He is perfect for kids of all ages, especially preschoolers and toddlers!
16. Seahorse Craft – Looking for your next ocean theme preschool craft? Use our free printable seahorse template to make this fun ocean themed arts and craft project. You can even name him Mister Seahorse if you would like! This sea creature is especially fun to make with toddlers and kindergarten age kids too!
17. Angelfish Craft – Planning an ocean theme unit study? What about a trip to the aquarium? You’ll want to snag up this free printable angelfish craft! He is especially a favorite of the preschooler and kindergarten classes although all kids will love making their own angelfish while they work within their ocean theme!
18. Giant Squid Craft – This easy giant squid craft is perfect diy ocean themed craft for kids of all ages including preschoolers and toddlers! Use our free printable squid template and get this paper arts and craft idea started!
19. Blue Crab Craft –
Is your preschooler, toddler, or even kindergartner trying to learn the letter C? Use our free printable crab template to make this easy beach theme friend! This crab craft is so much fun to make and you don’t even need a paper plate to make this crab craft!
20. Submarine Craft – This easy yellow submarine craft is the perfect addition to a vbs summer craft for kids of all ages including preschoolers, toddlers and kindergarten age students. Use the free printable submarine template to make this fun ocean or beach theme art project!
When you have finished, be sure to share your creation on Simple Mom Project’s Facebook Page and follow me on Pinterest!
For preschool ocean animals crafts
Ocean Animal Crafts
This post may contain affiliate links.
Planning a trip to the beach or dreaming about one? This collection of adorable ocean animal crafts is sure to be a hit with your kids this summer!
Whether you’re looking for an ocean animal craft to add to your preschool beach theme or you’re just looking for something to do with your preschoolers this afternoon, your little ones will love all of these ocean craft ideas.
Kids are fascinated by ocean animals, and your kids will love making some of their own. Whether they choose a crab, a jellyfish, a shark, or a seahorse, they’re going to have a blast diving into these crafts.
Easy Ocean Animal Crafts
Paper-Weaving Sea Turtle Craft – Download the free template and follow the tutorial to make a simple paper-weaving sea turtle craft with your preschoolers!
Easy Paper Weaving Seahorse Art Project – Inspired by the ocean and perfect for summer! Kids can make this adorable seahorse art project with colored paper and bubble wrap. Perfect to do alongside Mr. Seahorse by Eric Carle.
Shark Drinks | Turn your child’s juice box into a silly shark with this quick and easy tutorial.
Bubble Wrap Jellyfish Craft for Kids | Combine bubble wrap, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners for this fun craft.
Paper Roll Octopus | This fun fellow will spark your kids’ imagination and lead to some fun pretend play.
Cereal Box Aquarium | Save this one for a long rainy afternoon. It’s sure to keep kids occupied for a while creating and designing their own aquariums.
Paper Bag Shark Craft | Perfect for Shark Week or anytime!
Bottle Cap Fish Art | With some old bottle caps, construction paper, and glitter glue, your kids can make a whole ocean of bottle cap fish this summer!
Paper Plate Pufferfish Craft for Kids | I, for one, think pufferfish are cute. And, these paper plate pufferfish are at the top of my summer crafting list!
Quilling Turtle Craft | Little ones will work on their motor skills as they work to create these cute turtles.
Paper Roll Crab Craft | This little crab is so cute. He reminds me of Sebastian from The Little Mermaid.
Glow-in-the-Dark Jellyfish | I don’t know a kid that isn’t excited about things that glow in the dark. They’ll be begging to make this jellyfish and then hiding out in a dark space to watch him glow.
Newspaper Shark Craft | I love the combination of the bright blue papers with the muted gray of the newspaper. How clever!
Rocking Paper Plate Crab Craft | These adorable crabs rock back and forth and have pincers that actually open and close!
Paper Plate Rainbow Fish Craft | Preschoolers will work on their fine motor skills as they paint, cut, and paste their way to a beautiful rainbow fish!
Coffee Filter Jellyfish Craft for Preschoolers | The coffee filter base gives this jellyfish a beautiful tie-dyed look.
Mermaid Necklaces | Seashells and glitter glue (and a couple other simple supplies) combine to make a beautiful mermaid necklace your preschoolers will wear all summer long.
No Mess Fish Canvas Art | If you’re looking for a mess-free craft for your preschoolers, you have to check out this awesome fish painting based on the book Bright Stanley.
Ocean Sunfish Paper Plate Craft for Kids | Here’s another fun paper plate fish for your preschoolers to try!
Starfish Texture Art | I love everything about these starfish!
Starfish Paper Plate Craft | Your kids can create their own beach scene with this project.
Jellyfish Discovery Bottle | If you’ve ever visited the aquarium with your kids, I’m sure you’ve seen the jellyfish tanks. Kids can create their own with this discovery bottle.
Paper Roll Seahorse Puppets | Your kids will love making these seahorse puppets and then using them to act out stories this summer.
Pelican Paper Plate Craft | This may be the only pelican craft I’ve ever seen, and it’s adorable!
DIY Mermaid Tiara for Kids | Do you have a little mermaid fan? She’ll love this mermaid tiara!
How to Make a Whale Collage | I love that these kids worked together to make a huge, multi-media whale collage!
Recycle Plastic Bottle Turtle | Follow this tutorial to create a sea turtle out of an old plastic soda bottle.
Layered Paper Art Underwater Scenes | This multi-step art project is perfect for spreading across several rainy summer afternoons.
With 25 amazing ocean animals crafts for kids, how will you choose where to start?
MUST HAVE RESOURCES:
When completing these crafts and activities at home, I find that the following resources are very helpful to have on hand.
MORE Ocean animal ACTIVITIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS
Preschoolers will have fun using these free printable ocean animals flashcards to learn the names of more than 20 ocean animals!
Egg carton ocean animals make great summertime crafts! Whether you’re heading to the beach or just learning about it, try one (or more) of these ideas.
Fill your book basket with ocean animal books for preschoolers. They will help you introduce your little ones to the ocean and the animals that live in it.
Leave a CommentSours: https://homeschoolpreschool.net/ocean-animals-crafts-for-kids/
When summer rolls around there’s nothing more fun than taking a break from the sun and making some ocean crafts for kids!
Whether your make these easy crafts at home, at daycare, or with Grandma and Grandpa, the kids are sure to have a blast.
These easy projects are great for preschoolers, kindergarten, and elementary children.
Scroll through, find your favorite, and pin the rest for later!
And, don’t forget, most come with free printable templates too!
Under The Sea Crafts
This cute paper plate crab craft is another great example of how you can turn a boring white paper plate into something fun and cheerful!
This easy jellyfish craft for kids is one of our most popular ocean animal crafts because it’s cute, simple, and great for making with young kids!
We can’t get enough of these colorful paper plate fish! It’s perfect to make when it’s too hot outside.
We can’t get enough of this cute little octopus paper bag puppet craft!
Kids will love wearing this cool shark headband craft! And, if the craft version is too difficult for your little one, there’s also a black and white version they can color in instead.
Combine painting and paper crafting with this easy fish craft for kids. It’s perfect for stimulating your child’s creativity.
There are never too many handprint crafts! This octopus handprint craft is super easy and quick to make.
Ever since Finding Nemo was released, kids just love clownfish! Have them create their own with this simple clownfish craft for preschool.
If your children love to create paper plate crafts, they’ll enjoy making this jellyfishpaper plate craft!
Related: Ocean Themed Board Games For Kids
This fish paper bag puppet craft is easy to put together and comes with a free template. It’s perfect for teaching about animals in our oceans or just having fun at home on a rainy day.
Add some imagination to your under the sea crafts when you make this mermaid handprint craft.
There’s no scary shark here! Just this cute and simple shark craft that helps kids with fine motor skills!
Who knew octopuses could be so cute?! This paper plate octopus craft is simple and fun to create.
Let the kids play with watercolor when they make this seahorse craft. It’s great for adding to ocean themed units.
Love handprint crafts? Add this easy handprint crab craft to your list! It’s just a few simple supplies and is quick to make.
This mermaid paper craft is another fun option! It’s quick to make and only uses a few supplies.
Paper plate crafts are another one of our favorites to make! This paper plate seahorse is not only fun to create, but gives you another excuse to use some glitter!
Whale Crafts For Kids
We love whales, so we’ve created loads of fun and easy whale crafts for kids to make! Find humpback whale crafts, Killer whales, Beluga whales, and narwhals.
More Ocean Ideas For Kids
We love borrowing books from the library or buying some to add to our home collection. Reading is a great way to introduce a new unit and as you know, has tremendous benefits! Below are some of the top rated ocean books for kids!
The Snail and the Whale– Julia Donaldson, author of the famous book The Gruffalo, brings kids another fun book about an unlikely set of friends. Snail and Whale have lots of fun together in this colorful book!
Shark Lady– This children’s book is based upon the true story of Eugenie Clark, aka, The Shark Lady. Learn about her love of sharks, her discoveries, and the inspiring message of going after what you want in life.
The Rainbow Fish -This is a classic children’s book with a wonderful message for children. In it, a fish learns to share his favorite possession, his glittery scales, with his friends!
Want some more ocean themed educational activities? Try out this ocean activities bundle! This ocean play dough set is loaded with fun items for kids to explore!
More Fun Crafts For Kids
Ocean Ideas For Kids
- Metric ratchet wrenches
- Schiit mani
- Auto repair windsor, ca
- Gmetrix practice test
- 1965 chevy impala
- Twitter bungie support
- Tiffany style font
Ocean Crafts for Kids Made from Common Materials Around the House
Grab some paper plates, egg cartons, cardboard tubes, and other common items from around the house and create all kinds of sea animal and ocean crafts! This collection of sea animal crafts and ocean crafts can be made from recyclables and other common materials and includes links to directions for making starfish, whales, fish, walrus, octopus, and more.
Follow our Crafts for Kids Pinterest board!
Common materials you have right on hand are some of our favorite crafting materials. We always seem to have a stash of items nearby ready to be cut and painted in order to create all kinds of cool crafts. In this collection you’ll find a huge variety of ocean-themed crafts all made from recyclables and other items from around the house!
You can create an entire ocean scene from items from your recycle bin. What a great way to reinforce keeping plastic and trash out of oceans and perfect for Earth Day too!
Paper Plate Sunfish Craft from Buggy and Buddy
Paper Plate Fine Motor Octopus Craft from Buggy and Buddy
Paper Plate Fish Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
Paper Plate Octopus Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun
Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft for Kids from Non-Toy Gifts
Rocking Paper Plate Crab Craft from Kids Craft Room
Paper Plate Rainbow Fish from Easy Peasy and Fun
Rocking Paper Plate Submarine from Red Ted Art
Paper Plate Pufferfish from Buggy and Buddy
Paper Plate Whale from In the Playroom
Paper Plate Orca from Crafts on Sea
Paper Plate Shark Craft from Artsy Momma
Paper Plate Scuba Mask from Rainy Day Mum
Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft from Arty Crafty Kids
Paper Plate Sea Turtle Craft from Crafts on Sea
Paper Plate Sea Lion Craft from Mess for Less
Paper Plate Crab from Crafty Kids at Home
Paper Plate Starfish from Artsy Momma
Paper Plate Ocean Crab Craft from ABC Creative Learning
Under the Sea Paper Plate Craft from The Imagination Tree
Ocean Animals Paper Plate Craft from J4Daniel’s Mom
Paper Plate Oyster Craft from Things to Share and Remember
Paper Plate Octopus Craft from Toddler Approved
Paper Plate Seashell from The Educators’ Spin On It
Paper Plate Boat Scene from Craftulate
Ocean Themed Wreath from 3 Dinosaurs
Paper Plate Mermaid Collage from ZingZingTree
Paper Plate Swimming Jellyfish Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
Paper Plate Boat Craft from Non-Toy Gifts
Paper Plate Sea Collage from Crafts on Sea
Finding Dory Paper Plate Craft from www.MrsKathyKing.com
Paper Plate Pelican Craft from Mosswood Connections
Paper Plate Shark Puppet from Kids Craft Room
Paper Roll Seahorse Puppets from The Craft Train
Shark Toilet Paper Roll Craft from Glue Sticks & Gumdrops
Cardboard Tube Jellyfish Craft from Buggy and Buddy
Toilet Paper Roll Octopus from East Coast Mommy
Paper Roll Crab Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun
Paper Roll Octopus from Easy Crafts for Kids
Plastic Cup Jellyfish from Buggy and Buddy
Rainbow Octopus from a Yogurt Cup from Preschool Toolkit
Glow-in-the-Dark Jellyfish from Artsy Momma
Paper Bag Shark Craft from Crafts on Sea
Octopus Windsock Using Milk Jug and Plastic Bags from The Gingerbread House
Paper Bag Handprint Fish from Fun Handprint Art
Paper Bag Sea Otter from Buggy and Buddy
Whale Collage from Zing Zing Tree
Cereal Box Aquarium from Best Ideas for Kids
Corrugated Cardboard Sea Turtle Craft from Crafts on Sea
Jellyfish Craft from Bubble Wrap and Plastic Bags from Teach Me Mommy
Bubble Wrap Jellyfish Craft from Crafty Kids at Home
Bubble Wrap Octopus from Arty Crafty Kids
Jellyfish Craft Made from Recycled Tees from Teach Me Mommy
Newspaper Shark Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
Sea Turtle Stamps Using Plastic Lids form Rainy Day Mum
Under the Sea Votive Holders from Kitchen Floor Crafts
How to Make an Octopus out of Kids’ Tights from Red Ted Art
Seashell Keepsake Craft from Moms & Crafters
Egg CartonWhale Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
Egg Carton Sea Life from Fantastic Fun and Learning
Fish Craft Using a Mesh Bag from Preschool Toolkit
Quilling Turtle Craft from Twitchetts
Fish Paper Weaving Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun
Starfish Texture Art from Fireflies and Mud Pies
Narwhal Craft from The OT Toolbox
Make Yourself into a Mermaid from Make it Your Own
Ocean Art Scene from Buggy and Buddy
Woven Paper Shark Craft for Kids from Buggy and Buddy
Find more all kinds of creative activities in one of our most popular ebooks! Learn more about it here, or buy it now here!
Filed Under: Crafts for Kids, Earth Day, Ocean, SummerTagged With: earth day, ocean, paper plate, recyclables, sea lifeSours: https://buggyandbuddy.com/ocean-crafts-kids/