Didn't know it?
Embed Code - If you would like this activity on your web page, copy the script below and paste it into your web page.
Normal Size Small Sizeshow me how '+'';}useNormalSize();
|myel||marrow, spinal cord|
|hallux||great toe, big toe|
|anuria||absence of urine production by the kidney|
|creatinne||waste products from muscle contractions|
Created by: oanealy
MOSBY'S MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY FLASH CARDS
Fun, quick, and easy to study while on the go, Mosby's Medical Terminology Flash Cards, 3rd Edition provide a great tool for learning and reviewing medical terms. 600 full-color flash cards help you memorize the prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms used to build medical terms. Updated with the latest medical terms and illustrations, these flash cards include word-building examples and Spanish translations. And you can now study flash cards and take quizzes on your smartphone!
- Full-color illustrations help you remember terms and their word parts.
- Word-building examples show how word parts are used to create medical terms - including the most commonly diagnosed diseases and disorders, as well as treatments and procedures.
- Indexing by body system makes it easy to organize and study terms.
- Spanish translations of word parts and terminology are included.
- Alphabetical index and suggested learning activitiesin a companion bookletmake it easy to find specific cards and study the cards in a variety of different ways.
- Durable, hole-punched design allows you to put sets of cards on a metal ring or cord for on-the-go study.
- NEW! Smaller 3" x 5" card format helps you memorize - anywhere and anytime - the prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms used to build medical terms.
- NEW! Mobile-optimized flash cards and quizzes allow you to study the flash cards and take quizzes using your smartphone.
This set of 675 colorful flash cards makes it fun and easy to master the language of health care! Mosby’s Medical Terminology Flash Cards, 5th Edition helps you memorize the prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms used to build medical terms. Updated with the latest medical terms and illustrations, this card deck makes review easier with word-building examples, definitions of terms, and Spanish translations. And with a compact size and durable design, these color-coded cards let you study medical terms anytime, anywhere!
- 675 cards with full-color images bring medical terminology to life and provide all the word parts needed to learn medical language.
- Word-building examples demonstrate how word parts are used to create medical terms — with terms including the most commonly diagnosed diseases and disorders, as well as treatments and procedures.
- Color coding identifies each term as a suffix, prefix, or combining form.
- Spanish translations are included for word parts and health care terms to help English speakers better communicate with Spanish-speaking patients and to help Spanish speakers learn English terms.
- Durable, hole-punched design allows students to assemble sets of cards on a metal ring or cord for study on the go.
- Enclosed booklet provides an indexed list of cards by body system and offers suggestions for study.
Table of Contents
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2021
- 27th October 2021
Medical terminology is a valuable tool for those in the healthcare industry. It promotes communication about parts, functions, and conditions of patients’ bodies. Understanding the language that most nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals use helps clinical and non-clinical employees with documentation, billing, reporting, and daily communication. By no means do you have to be a medical professional to learn the terminology. Gaining an understanding of the terms can offer you more insight into your health and well-being.
Become a Medical Terminology Master Today
Learning new words can be a challenge. However, using flashcards is an excellent way to become a medical terminology master. Using flashcards to study medical terminology uses active recall, one of the most effective ways to learn. Here are some other ways that you can boost your knowledge of medical terms using flashcards.
How Can I Make My Own Medical Terminology Flashcards?
Creating your own medical term flashcards is pretty simple. Here are some tips on how to make medical terminology flash cards to help you get the most out of this study tool!
Group Flash Cards Together
Making different groups for your medical terms can help speed along your studies. Divide your flashcards into prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms. When you add words to your collection, you can divide them into their proper group. You may also want to divide the combining word cards into different body systems or chapters you are studying. This can improve your ability to memorize the terms. Another tip to consider is using different colors for terms that are related.
Avoid Too Much Information
Try to be as concise as possible when writing your flashcards. Too much information can overwhelm you and may hinder your ability to learn the terms. When you use too much detail on your flashcards, you’ll run into the problem of recognition rather than recall. Recognizing the answer is not the same as being able to recall the word’s meaning when you hear it.
One great way to help you learn medical terminology faster with flashcards is to use pictures and words together. Our brains are designed to remember imagery or visual cues much quicker than words. Pairing words and pictures together makes a powerful study tool to learn medical terms. Rather than using images you think should go with the words, the pictures you use on the cards should make sense to your brain.
Say the Words
When studying medical terminology using flashcards, it is beneficial to say the word out loud as you read it. By speaking the word out loud, you’re reinforcing to your brain what the word means and how to say it.
Use Both Sides
When reviewing your knowledge with flashcards, use both sides of the cards. Testing your understanding using both the word and definition sides can build strong neural pathways that increase your mastery of the medical terms.
Developing an aptitude for medical terminology is essential for those in the medical field. The ability to communicate with co-workers and other professionals that you come into contact with on a daily basis will increase your efficiency and performance during work.
Where Can I Learn Medical Terminology Online?
After taking the Corexcel medical terminology course, you won’t need to refer to your textbook constantly, and you’ll no longer be confused or overwhelmed by all the medical jargon around you. Additionally, the Corexcel course allows you to move at your own pace. No more waiting for instructors to return your exams or listening to lectures that get off topic. Now you can streamline your study time and advance when you are ready.
Become a Medical Terminology Master Today
Flashcards medical terminology
.Medical terms - common prefixes
- Makeup remover webtoon
- Channel guide sirius xm
- Dragon sculpture outdoor
- Season 3 yellowstone
- Land for sale athol
- Fun doodle patterns