“Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon” Wishes
Last modified: May 28, 2018
There are instances when a loved one’s birthday unfortunately comes at the time when he or she is battling an illness or injury. In such situations, merely sending the loved one happy birthday wishes just doesn’t cut it. There’s the need to fuse your happy birthday message with a heartfelt “get well soon” quote so that the ill birthday celebrant will not only feel loved but also be inspired to feel much better and relaxed.
Knowing how challenging it can sometimes be to craft that perfect, heartfelt “happy birthday” and “get well soon” message to send to your loved ones, we have taken it upon ourselves to make the job easier for you by loading this page with a huge collection of original, heartfelt happy birthday and get well soon messages. Feel free to browse through the messages below and pick what you like.
Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon | For a Colleague
- Happy birthday to my favorite colleague, who makes work very fun. I know you are not feeling too well on this special occasion of yours, but know that the office is dull without you and everyone at work can’t wait to see you back, so please get well soon!
- Today is a special day for you because it’s your birthday, so I want you to cheer up regardless of your illness. Enjoy this day as much as you can. Happy birthday to my favorite colleague. Get well soon, please.
- Dear friend and colleague, here is to wishing you a very fast recovery so we can enjoy your birthday together. And as you recover, know that work hasn’t been the same without you. I miss you so much. Get well, mate.
- Celebrating Motivation in our Workplace | Corporate Birthday Wishes
- I’m sending this message to wish you a happy birthday as well as a super quick recovery. We all miss you here at work and can’t wait until you’re back. Happy birthday, dear colleague.
- This message is not only to wish you a happy birthday, but it is also to let you know of how deeply I miss your presence at work. My thoughts are with you, my friend. Wishing you a very swift recovery and a happy birthday.
Happy Birthday and get well soon!
Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon | For my Boss
- It can be pretty challenging celebrating when you are under the weather. But, today being such a special day for you, I pray that God gives you the strength to celebrate. Happy birthday, boss. Please get well as early as possible because my colleagues and I greatly miss your presence and inspiration here at work.
- My special wish for you on your birthday is that you have a speedy recovery from your illness. Your absence has left everyone here at work feeling dull. The workplace hasn’t been the same since you fell ill. So please get well soon. I miss you. Happy birthday.
- Boss, you might not be feeling your best, however that shouldn’t stop you from celebrating your birthday. So I want to wish you a happy birthday and a swift recovery. Your absence has really made the office less vibrant. So get well soon, please.
- Happy birthday and speedy recovery. I wait eagerly for your quick recovery and presence at work. Get well soon.
- Professionally Yours : Happy Birthday Wishes for my Boss
- Despite your illness, I pray that you’re in a mood to have an amazing birthday celebration. Happy birthday, boss. We miss you! Please make a quick recovery and come back to work. My thoughts and prayers are always with you.
Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon | For Grandma
- It’s your birthday today, and you are sick and probably in bed. All these things might tempt you to feel sad, but please don’t give in to sadness, for your illness won’t last forever. Happy birthday, grandma. I can’t wait to see you on your feet again and back to your daily routine. Get well soon. Love you.
- Happy birthday, grandma. You’re so precious to me and I cannot stand seeing you like this. Get well soon, please. We’re all praying for your speedy recovery and can’t wait to see you back to your normal self again.
- It’s really sad to see you ill on your birthday. Get well soon, grandma. Happy birthday.
- Happy Birthday, Grandma!
- Grandma, on your birthday, my number one wish for you is that you get well very soon and get back to life once again. Wish you a speedy recovery and a happy birthday.
- Please grandma, put a smile on your face. Don’t let your illness get you down on your birthday. Happy birthday, and feel better soon.
Happy Birthday. Our warmest wishes for a quick and full recovery.
Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon | For Grandpa
- Happy birthday, grandpa. Please get well soon. We all miss your smile, energy and sense of humor.
- Grandpa, on your birthday, my biggest wish for you is to feel better soon because I need to see you smiling and laughing once again. I love you.
- Grandpa, don’t be downcast that your illness is preventing you from celebrating your birthday because even if you can’t come to the party, we shall bring the party to you. I wish you a wonderful birthday and a speedy recovery.
- I’m sorry you are not feeling very well as you celebrate your birthday. I pray that God heals you as quickly as possible, so you’ll be back to your normal self once again. Happy birthday. Love you.
- Happy Birthday, Grandpa!
- I hope that the prayers and wishes for a quick recovery and good health that I have attached to this message make you healthy enough to celebrate your birthday in style. Get well, grandpa. Happy birthday.
Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon | For Uncle
- On your birthday, I wish you a speedy recovery. May the good Lord give you good health and joy. Happy birthday . Get well swiftly, please.
- Sending very warm wishes to you as you celebrate your birthday. I know you are not feeling well. But don’t let that bring you down on your special day. Take solace in the fact that your illness won’t last long. Keep up that fighting spirit and enjoy your birthday to the fullest. Happy birthday, uncle.
- Happy Birthday, Uncle!
- You are one of the bravest and strongest people I know, which is why I know that you’ll surely beat this illness and get back to life very soon. Happy birthday, uncle, and get well soon.
- Despite battling illness, I hope you can take solace in the fact that by the grace of God you are alive, which is something all the wealth in this world can’t buy. You’re a fighter, and I know it’s only a matter of time before you’ll be back on your feet again and feel as fit as a fiddle. So as you mark your special day, I want to wish you a happy birthday and a prompt recovery. Stay blessed.
Happy Birthday and get “whale” soon!
Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon | For Aunt
- It is never fun to be sick on your birthday, which is why you need to get well ASAP. Happy birthday, dear aunt. May you feel your usual self as soon as possible. Love you.
- Aunt, all I pray for on your birthday is that the good Lord bless you with good health. Happy birthday, and get well soon. Take care of yourself.
- Wishing my favorite aunt a swift recovery on her birthday. Don’t worry about your sickness. It’s your special day! Cheer up, get well and get going.
- Birthday Wishes for your Aunt
- It takes great courage and hope to be in a celebratory mood when you are under the weather. However, know that you’re not alone. I’ll be by your side, and together we shall beat this sickness and make merriment. Happy birthday.
Happy Birthday! My warmest wishes for a quick recovery.
Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon | For Cousin
- I know you are ill, but please don’t let your illness mar your birthday celebration. I hope you have a good time today. And while you’re at it, do remember to get well soon. Happy birthday, dear cuz.
- Happy birthday, cousin. I hope this message motivates you to keep up the fighting spirit to beat that illness. Please hurry up and get well, for everyone misses you.
- Today is your birthday, and by God you and I shall celebrate it like there’s no tomorrow! Nothing is going to come between us and your birthday celebration. Not even your illness shall stand in our way. So get well ASAP!
- Happy birthday, cuz. Get well soon, for there’s a party waiting for you!
- Happy Birthday, Cousin!
- Hey cuz, if you don’t get well soon, I’ll come and drag you out of bed to the party. On a serious note, I hope you feel better soon. Happy birthday.
- You might not be feeling your best, but that isn’t going to stop you from having the time of your life on your birthday. I’ll be right by your side, and together we shall celebrate your birthday and make it a memorable occasion. Happy birthday, cousin.
Happy Birthday and get well soon.
You may also like:
Sincere and Witty Get Well Wishes
Get well Quotes
Get Well Soon, My Love
200 Free Birthday eCards for Friends and Family
Click here for our best birthday wishes.
Tags:auntbosscolleaguescousinfamilyget wellgrandmagrandpaHappy Birthdayuncle
You may also like...
For someone in in recovery, these clean date anniversaries mark important achievements of sobriety. People in recovery may thank those who've helped them on their journey and reflect on their progress. Congratulating someone at these times is one way to be encouraging and inspiring.
Sobriety Congratulations Messages for Friends and Family
- Keep expecting miracles! You are one of my favorite miracles!
- “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” - C.S. Lewis
- Happy Soberversary!
- I love watching you become who you're meant to be. Growth and progress, not perfection.
- Sobriety is your superpower!
- Today is another amazing day to be grateful. I'm grateful for the wonderfully imperfect but lovable sober person you've become!
- Congratulations on this anniversary of quitting! I hope to celebrate more with you in the future because I am not planning on ever quitting on our friendship.
- I'm proud to call you my friend and proud of your accomplishment!
- Today marks the important day you chose to keep making the right decision all this time.
- You are one of my favorite success stories. The story gets better and better the longer it goes. Keep up the great work!
- You're a work-in-progress, just like I am. Our friendship is also a work-in-progress, but I love it.
- I know you aren't supposed to get overly confident now that you've had some success, so I'll just tell you that you've done a great job letting yourself be helped and working the steps.
- This is a nice stop on your journey to remind you how far you've come and where you're headed.
- We're acknowledging the time you've reclaimed in your life, so congratulations on time well-spent.
- I have appreciated your friendship for a long time now, but I am especially grateful for the commitment you've made to stay sober in order to be the great friend you are.
- Never quit quitting!
- I'm happy that you're exactly where you should be right now. You're important to me right where you are.
- You know I'm there for you when you screw up, but I enjoy it a lot more when you include me in occasions like this!
- 'One day at a time,' just like how you have to approach your friendship with me.
To Your Sponsor or Other Person in Recovery
- This day of celebration means as much to me as it could mean to anyone. I have benefited greatly from your sobriety and your help over the years.
- You continue to be an important source of knowledge, mentorship, and inspiration!
- I look to you for inspiration all the time, and this anniversary of your sobriety is no exception. Congratulations on your huge milestone!
- Your humility reminds me to keep my own pride under control. Congratulations on staying humble through such an amazing run of sobriety!
- My life would be drastically different if it weren't for your years of sobriety and what they've allowed you to do for me.
- Let's celebrate your years of sobriety! Your accomplishments amaze me. Think of all that you've done since your sober birthday.
- You've been blessed with an opportunity to share the message of recovery and hope to others.
For Specific Amounts of Time
- 24 hours: You've done what everyone in recovery has done today. You've taken one day at a time and you've made it to the next day! Now do it again!
- 30 days: 30 days is no joke. You've come a long way since a month ago, and you still have so much bright future ahead of you. Keep on going!
- 60 days: Two months down! You're on a roll. Congratulations on your sustained sobriety!
- 90 days: One quarter of a year has gone by in your sobriety. We are happy to celebrate this moment with you on your journey!
- 6 Months: You have reclaimed half a year of your life back from substance use. I'm honored to congratulate you on your half-year of recovery.
- 1 Year: There is perhaps no recovery anniversary more exciting that one year! Don't let the excitement fade at any point over the next year. Every day is another small step in the right direction. May your next 365 bring you much happiness and fulfillment.
- 18 months: You're halfway from your first year to your next year. Way to stay the course! Each day will add up quickly and we'll be celebrating again soon!
- 5 Years: Your old life may be starting to fade into the background as you've distanced yourself. I'm so happy to be here to congratulate you on the drastically different life you've built in recovery. Five years is a big deal!
- Vintage cardboard hat box
- Rick and morty colorful wallpaper
- Full discord servers
- Littmann cardiology
- 2004 oldsmobile bravada
We have collected a lot of getting Well Wishes, Messages, And Quotes for our Visitor. send your warm wishes, messages, and quotes for a speedy recovery while including a Heartfelt get well card and get well flowers. You can share it with your Family members and friends in Social Media Such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Instagram etc
Get Well Wishes, Messages, and Quotes
“Feel better soon!”
“Hope you feel better soon.”
“Hoping you find strength with each new day. You are in our thoughts.”
“Have a speedy recovery!”
“I hope each new day brings you closer to a full and speedy recovery!”
“May good health envelop you, spurring a quick recovery.”
“Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery.”
“We’re all thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery.”
“Hang in there, better days are coming.”
“Hope you feel a little better every day.”
“Sending good, healthy vibes your way.”
“Sending hugs and love!”
“Remember to just take it one day at a time and in no time, you will be completely healthy and smiling once again.”
“You’re in all of our warmest thoughts as you recover from your accident.”
“Best wishes for a little progress and a little encouragement every day during your recuperation.”
“Best wishes that you will soon be back to doing all the things you love.”
“May the good wishes and warm thoughts of those who care about you send a little cheerfulness into your world and help you feel better.”
“Praying for you!”
“You are in my thoughts and prayers during your time of recovery.”
“As I close my eyes to pray every night, my only request is that God will heal you speedily. I wish you a quick recovery!”
“Thoughtful prayers are being sent your way with the hopes that you will feel better soon.”
“Thinking of you during this time of illness, and praying you will find strength in the Lord and his never-ending supply of love.”
“God cares and hears our prayers, and I am praying for you today!”
“Know God promises to give strength when you need it and that we are praying for you to have strength and peace as you face health challenges.”
“We don’t always get to know the reasons we go through struggles in this life. There is a bigger plan, and it is all in His hands. I am praying for you.”
“Prayer is the best medicine that doctors don’t write prescriptions for. Don’t worry, I’ll supply you with a healthy dose of prayer.”
“Hope each day finds you stronger and full of joy. God Bless You.”
“You’re one tough cookie!”
“See? You’re so great, even germs like you.”
“Germs, like everyone else, find you irresistible! Get well soon!”
“There are easier ways to get out of school, you know. Glad you’re on the mend.”
“Use your superpowers and get well soon!”
“Try not to think of it as a hospital stay. Think of it as a spa package that includes meals, regular health evaluations, and jello cubes.”
“I may not have a medical degree, but I do have friendship’s healing touch. Get well soon!”
“You better swing back into action fast so that we can have a blast!”
“Get well soon so we can make fun of you again and not feel bad.”
“Sorry, your sick day is due to actual sickness.”
“Go ahead and milk this as long as you can. I would.”
“Nothing has been the same since you have become ill. So we hope you will feel good soon because we truly miss you here!”
“Fell better soon my dear! Your friends and family miss you a lot and we all look forward to your return. So take good care and always listen to what your doctor says.”
“Everyone is itching to see your happy face again, so feel better soon!”
“The most important thing to remember during an illness is to not lose your heart, our wishes are with you!”
“Your absence has created a black hole in my life and I can’t live a single day without thinking of you, so get well soon dear!”
“I heard from someone that you got sick and I want you to know that I only wish for your quick recovery. Always know that I am every day praying for you.”
“Your absence has created a vacuum and we are terribly missing you a lot. You certainly have made a great difference in our lives and we want you to know that we only wish for your speedy recovery.”
“I was saddened when I found out you were ill. That’s why I brought you a bouquet of flowers as a sign of my love and care and strong hope for your fast recovery as well. Fell good soon.”
“Your absence is truly disturbing. I cannot wait to see you feeling better again. Get well soon!”
“People here have been missing you a lot. Please recover quickly as we can’t wait to have you around. Get better soon!”
“You might feel sad right now but I want you to know that we are here, continuously praying for you. Get better soon, for we can’t wait to see you.”
“I am really sorry to hear that you are sick. I just hope and pray that your recovery is quick. See you soon!”
“Fell good soon. I really hope to see you back in the swing very soon.”
“Hey buddy, cheer up! We know you will get better soon. We certainly miss you a lot.”
“Like a withering flower, you are lying helpless, so I pray that you’ll get back to health soon!”
“I just sent you a booster for your health, be sure to use it!”
“I wish God made something so that can share your health with someone because I wouldn’t mind doing that to see you smile! Fell better soon!”
“I just sent you some flowers, and they contain my wishes for you to feel better soon!”
“Fell good soon my friend so you can go back to bringing brightness and delight to every one of us.”
“I greatly miss you, dear. But even greater is the fact that you have missed something special here. Get better soon and come home to decorate your life with lots of rainbow colors and brightness… I just can’t wait to see you!”
“I am really missing you badly, so here’s wishing you a speedy recovery. Get better soon!”
“My heart sank when I received the news about your ill health. I wish that you could recover soon and remain strong and healthy forever. I wish you so much, my friend.”
“There are several reasons why we are so worried about you and one of these is because we terribly love you. You are such an amazing friend and we certainly need you back in here. Get well soon for we truly miss you!”
“Seeing you recover sooner than you think is what my prayer ever since I heard about your sickness. So cheer up and swing back to life soon for I really miss you, my friend.”
“May good health envelop you and lead you to a quick recovery. Fell good soon!”
“The little flowers outside are rising and blooming and this is God’s way of saying that you will get better sooner than you think.”
“Cheer up for we want to see you happy and bright. Fell better soon, we miss you”!”
“Hey, buddy feels better soon. I promise to continue to pay for your good health and fast recovery.”
“My dear friend, I feel sad seeing you lying on the hospital bed. But I know you will get better soon and I cannot wait to see you be back to being fit, healthy and strong!”
“I wish I am a magician so I can transform you to be fit and healthy in just a wave of a wand. Fell good soon!”
“Dear friend, please get well fast so we can go back to playing once again for I am missing you so badly. I love you.”
“Hey buddy, cheer up and be ready for it is time for you to get better soon. I miss you!”
“Hope you get to feeling better soon!”
“Looking forward to seeing you back at practice when you’re ready.”
“Wishing you well.”
“Take extra good care!”
“Here’s to you—steadier, stronger and better every day.”
“We hope you’re taking it slow and easy right now.”
“Take your sweet time getting well!”
“Sending good, healthy vibes your way.”
“Warmest wishes for a speedy recovery!”
“Miss you around here!”
“Lifting you up in my prayers during your treatments.”
“I’m sure you’ll be up to your old tricks again in no time!”
“Hope you feel a little better every day.”
“You’re in all our warmest thoughts as you recover from your accident.”
“Hope it won’t be long till you’re out of the hospital.”
“Think of this as the universe telling you to watch more TV.”
“Hope you’re catching up on your cookbook reading!”
“You mean so much to me. Hope you’re feeling better very soon.”
“Hope it helps a little to know how lovingly you’re thought of.”
“God bless you through your recovery.”
“Just sending a little get-well sunshine your way because you’re always a bright spot in my days.”
“Love you and think of you all the time.”
“Love you…hate that you’re sick.”
“I know you, and I know you’ll beat this.”
“Ugh. I hate it when my favorite people get hurt.”
“I have faith that you’ll be better really soon.”
“Sending hugs and love.”
“Saying extra prayers for your recovery.”
“No fair. You’re way too nice to be this sick.”
“The things you’ll do for attention! Well, you’ve got mine for as long as this takes.”
“Get better and get back to your amazing self soon!”
“I realize just how much I need you when you’re out of commission.”
“If you need me to come over and tell you that you don’t look sick, call me.”
Read Also:Retirement Wishes, Messages, and Quotes
“Go ahead and milk this as long as you can. I would.”
“Use your superpowers and get well soon!”
“You’re being so brave, [Princess]. Love you lots.”
“[Baxter] and I are thinking about you. He says ‘Woof,’ which is doggy for ‘Feel better soon!’”
“There are easier ways to get out of school, you know. Glad you’re on the mend.”
“I know things are tough right now. I know you’re tougher.”
“You are way cooler than this. You’ll be back to your awesome self soon.”
“Please come back home from the hospital soon! Your toys really miss you.”
“Wishing on every star that you get better soon.”
“Can’t wait to see you smiling again!”
“Sorry things are so un-fun right now. Hoping that changes soon.”
“Sick stinks. You rock. Get well soon!”
“Even school is cool when you’re here. Hope to see you back soon.”
“Like a big ol’ basketball, you’ll bounce back!”
“I bet your friends miss you at school. You’re very miss-able.”
“See? You’re so great, even germs like you!”
“Ouch! I’m so sorry about your broken leg, [Emma]. Sending you lots of feel-better hugs.”
“So sorry to hear your ankle will keep you out of action for the rest of the season. Hope you’re able to focus on resting, healing and coming back stronger than ever next year!”
“Bye-bye tonsils. Hello, feeling lots better!”
“I’d love to help around the house until you’re up and around again. I’ll text to see about a good time to come over.”
“You’re going to beat this thing! Until then, don’t worry about the lawn. We’ve got it covered.”
“You need it, I got it. Whatever it is.”
“For now, let somebody else do all the doing. I’d love to bring over some meals, for starters.”
“I promise I won’t pretend that I can cook for you. How’s takeout sound?”
“No matter what, no matter when I want to be there for you. I’ll be in touch soon.”
“We’re having fun getting [Ella] to and from school with us. Hope that makes one less thing to worry about as you heal up.”
“Don’t worry about a thing while you’re in the hospital. There’s a whole crew of ‘elves’ taking care of everything. Hope those doctors are taking good care of you!”
“I’m here for you. For whatever. For as long as you need.”
“We’ll pick up and clean up. You rest up.”
“Thinking about you every day. Have [Steve] let me know if you’d like a visit sometime.”
“Thoughts of you are always some of my happiest. Always will be.”
“It’s good to know you’re receiving wonderful care.”
“Praying with you.”
“In my heart and in my prayers. Always…especially now.”
“Thinking about you today and hoping it’s a good one for you.”
“It’s always so great when we get together and talk about everything and nothing. I would love for us to do that again soon.”
“I’m praying for a miracle cure. Hey, doesn’t hurt to ask!”
“Just wanted to remind you how important you are to me.”
“You’re in all our warmest thoughts and prayers.”
“Hope you feel all the love surrounding you right now.”
September is National Recovery Month.
But, it is important to acknowledge those in recovery every month.
Our sons and daughters have done the hard work to turn their lives around.
So many are beginning to share what recovery means to them. I hope ideas from others will inspire you to keep moving forward.
Recovery happens every day. If you are struggling, know there is hope for you and your family.
Get up to speed on research-based tools that can help you motivate your child to change. Add the Sunday newsletter to your weekly routine. Sign up now.
Here are 50 quotes to celebrate recovery!
1) “We’re all looking at the people around us, the people who have gone before us who have succeeded in recovery and have long-term sobriety and they are an illustration for us of how good it can be.” ~ Scott Stevens
2) “The hopeful part about that is when you do have that help, you will feel better. It still doesn’t make this easy. Nothing makes this easy, but you can make better decisions.” ~ David Sheff
3) “The CRAFT approach, developed by Bob Meyers at U of New Mexico, is one set of important tools that DO work, and it feels great to see families using these strategies and getting results, feeling hopeful again, feeling empowered, getting support, learning to trust themselves again, getting their lives and the lives of their children back.” ~ Jeff Foote, PhD
4) “Recovery is all about using our power to change our beliefs that are based on faulty data.” ~ Kevin McCormack
5) “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don’t give up.” ~ Anne Lamott
6) “I know, despite all my best efforts and deepest desires, that I can’t guarantee a happy, healthy, and successful path for my children; still, once in a while, I feel the tide touching my toes.” ~ D’Anne Burwell
7) “There is a place in this movement for everybody, whether you just want to share your story at a school, share your story with your neighbor or you want to speak to your legislator about how important supporting addiction recovery is for our communities.” ~ Greg Williams
8) “Positive thoughts and prayer have been the best means available, since the beginning of time, to transform darkness into light.” ~ Cate Stevens
10) “Get in touch with their own intuition. The answers are inside if we have a process to be introspective.” ~ Dr. Herby Bell
12) “In recovery, your shape changes. In order for you to fit back into the rest of the puzzle, your life, the other pieces of the puzzle must also change their shapes to accommodate you.” ~ Augusten Burroughs
13) “We’re saying that the way people sustain ongoing, long-term change is through building a better life in ways that matter to them as individuals.” ~ Nicole Kosanke, PhD
14) “Our family is affected by addiction. I will accept it, find strength in God and my recovering community, and go forward.” ~ Libby Cataldi
15) “People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.” ~ Ramona L. Anderson
16) “I sought treatment and began the process of getting myself healthy and in return could make healthier decisions concerning my child. Self-care is a critical and must not be neglected.” ~ Sharon LeGore
17) “Incarceration without recovery programming is ineffective for people who are coping with addiction. It’s common sense: Isolating and punishing doesn’t work. Love, inclusion, and help do.” ~ Ryan Hampton
18) “I never thought when I stumbled into the recovery rooms, 25 years ago, that I would be standing in the middle of this life I never could have imagined. I am peaceful. I am free and I am living.” ~ Sober and shameless, Kristina Wandzilak
19) “Yoga is a path that leads to true healing, happiness, and a successful thriving life.” ~ Tommy Rosen
20) “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” ~ George Chakiris
22) “Relax. Breathe. It takes time, but there is a great joy to be had in moments of every day. Just remember, you’re learning new steps, a new dance.” ~ Lisa Frederiksen
23) “We honor ourselves when we speak out for recovery. We show the world that recovery matters because it brings hope and peace into the lives of individuals and their loved ones.” ~ Beth Wilson
24) “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars.” ~ Richard Evans
25) “There are multiple pathways to addiction recovery and ALL are cause for celebration!” ~ William L. White
26) Recovery is an ongoing process, for both the addict and his or her family. In recovery there is hope. And hope is a wonderful thing. ~ Dean Dauphinais
27) “Everyday men, women, and adolescents take their first steps on this journey. Dramatic changes do happen.” ~ Joe Herzanek
28) “When people see their behavior as inconsistent with their self-image or goals, their motivation to change can increase.” ~ Carrie Wilkens, PhD
29) “Even in the midst of devastation, something within us always points the way to freedom.” ~Sharon Salzberg
30) “In my experience, and in the experience of most people I have talked with, the family’s recovery often coincides with or precedes the recovery of the addicted individual.” ~ Beverly Conyers
32) “We must desperately desire recovery with the same passion with which we pursue drugs.” ~ Mary Cook
33) “In a moment of clarity, out of nowhere, I saw that when I believed my thoughts I suffered and when I questioned my thoughts I didn’t suffer, and I have come to see that this is true for every human being. ~ Bryon Katie
34) “You need to be bold enough and strong enough to let your loved one’s recovery unfold or not unfold as it is meant to, not as you want it to.” ~ Carole Bennett
35) With boundaries, it comes down to this, that you don’t support the illness, you support recovery.” ~ Christopher Kennedy Lawford
36) “By changing the way I interact with my drinker, I will help him come to the decision that entering treatment will improve his life.” ~ Robert Meyers, PhD
37) “Something exceptionally positive can come from our experiences. Your contribution to the growing momentum with this cause has great power. Perhaps you’ll reach someone before they have to know the glass monster room at all.” ~ Jody Lamb
38) “A compassionate approach leads to less addiction.” ~ Johann Hari
39) “When women sit in a circle a sacred space is created to work and create together, listen, learn and share with one another–to get support from one other.” ~ Shelley Richanbach
41) “Where there is life there is hope.” ~ Ron Grover
42) “The truth is that almost two-thirds of Americans have friends or family members who have struggled with addiction. ~ William Cope Moyers
43) Don’t let the past steal your present.” –Terri Guillemets
44) “Nobody stays recovered unless the life they have created is more rewarding and satisfying than the one they left behind.” ~ Anne Fletcher
45) “Learn to listen, sit, contain, and just be with your children.” ~ Brad Reedy, PhD
46) “Sometimes you just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you.” – Dr. Phil McGraw
47) “Recovery is not simple abstinence. It’s about healing the brain, remembering how to feel, learning how to make good decisions, becoming the kind of person who can engage in healthy relationships, cultivating the willingness to accept help from others, daring to be honest, and opening up to doing.” ~ Debra Jay
48) “It takes a lot of strength to ride the storm of addiction, but it’s worth it.” ~ Maggie Swann
49) “The best gift you can give, besides your unconditional love, is to be strong for them when they are present and stronger for yourself when they are not!” ~ David Cooke
50) “Baby steps are key–baby steps and lots and lots of praise.” ~ Erica Spiegelman
What are your thoughts about recovery? Let us know in the comments. If you liked this post, please share it!
Thank you for reading. I know you have many options on content. Don’t forget to download my free ebook, “20 Tips To Help Motivate Your Child To Want Recovery.” Sign up now.
And consider getting access to my online course, Regain Your Hope, an online course that gives you an action plan to help your child change. Know that your child can change. Love, Cathy
Quotes recovery birthday
Happy Birthday Wishes for Someone With Cancer
Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Birthday Messages for Someone Who Is Ill
Want to write encouraging and comforting birthday messages for a cancer patient? Thinking about something nice to say to a friend or loved one going through chemotherapy or radiation treatments or someone with terminal cancer? Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what to write in a birthday card for someone battling cancer.
Sending well-wishes on their special day can give them hope and help them feel supported during this challenging time in their life.
Keep in touch with these comforting birthday wishes, messages of hope and encouragement, and inspirational quotes that will make them feel loved and cared for.
General Birthday Wishes for a Sick Friend
- Here’s wishing you the happiest of birthdays and the strength to get through this difficult time.
- Here’s wishing you good health on your birthday.
- On your special day, I'm sending prayers for a miraculous recovery!
- Thinking about you on your special day. Happy birthday!
- As we celebrate your birthday, we hope and pray you will recover soon.
- Happy birthday; we hope you get better soon!
- On your birthday, I’m sending prayers for a speedy recovery.
- I hope your treatment is going well and that you have many more wonderful birthdays in the years ahead. Happy birthday!
- Today, as we celebrate your birthday, we are hopeful that you will be in good health again soon!
- I hope this birthday message brightens your day!
- Happy birthday to my favorite warrior! You are so strong, and we all hope remission is right around the corner.
Sample Birthday Wishes for a Cancer Patient
Below you will find some examples of loving and supportive messages to write in a birthday card for someone diagnosed with cancer.
- I want you to know how much I love and care about you. This is a difficult diagnosis, but please don’t get discouraged; you’re always in our thoughts and prayers. You’ll get through this, and we will be here for you every step of the way. Happy birthday; we love you dearly!
- Happy birthday! I hope that you will soon be in remission and that cancer will be a distant memory. Never give up; you’ll win this battle!
- I wish I could do more to help you regain your strength. Please know that I am here to help you with whatever you need. I love you. Happy birthday!
- Your cancer diagnosis is not a life sentence—stay strong and keep your chin up. My thoughts and prayers are with you always. Today you're another year older; I wish you good health and many more blissful birthdays for years to come.
- Happy birthday to my best friend; may you have many more birthdays to spend with us; we are here to support you and help you find the strength and courage needed to continue with treatment and get better soon.
- I’m so happy that you’re responding positively to the chemotherapy. I hope you are in remission and on the road to recovery soon. Happy birthday!
- You are my pride and joy, and there is a special place for you in my heart. Stay strong through this trying time. Happy birthday to someone I miss so much!
- I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I miss you. Happy birthday!
- Happy [insert year] birthday! I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me and tell you that I am here to support you; keep fighting—you will defeat this cancer.
- You can make it through this; all you need is a positive attitude and the support of your friends and family. Happy birthday. I hope you get better soon!
- Happy [insert year] birthday! I hope you will soon be in good health again, and I wish you happiness and strength through this trying time. You are such a wonderful and supportive friend, and I can't imagine my life without you!
- I miss you, and I'm sorry to hear that you are in the hospital on your birthday. I hope you feel better soon. Happy [insert year] birthday to my best friend!
- I hope your treatment is going well and on the road to recovery. Here’s wishing you good health on your [insert year] birthday and many more birthdays to come!
- On this important day, I would like to let you know how special you are to me. Happy birthday! I hope you recover quickly!
- We truly love each other, and this diagnosis will not keep us apart. I’m thinking about you during this difficult time, and I will remain by your side 'til death do us part. On your [insert year] birthday, I want to let you know that I'll always love you.
- It's painful not to be with you on your birthday. I am sending you strength, love, and the courage to get through this round of chemotherapy! Happy birthday!
- I know that going through radiation has been tough for you, and I hope to see you bounce back soon. On your [insert year] birthday, I wish you good health and happiness for years to come.
- Warmest happy birthday greetings to you! I hope your medical team has supported and nurtured you through this challenging time, and I know that you'll soon bounce back healthier and stronger than ever before!
- I’m sending these birthday messages and well wishes to help brighten your day, renew your hope, and lift your spirit so that you can win the battle against this horrible disease. Happy birthday!
"When trouble comes, focus on God’s ability to care for you."
— Charles Stanley
Inspirational Quotes for Someone With Cancer
- "I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." —Galileo
- "You have to be willing to give up the life you planned, and instead, greet the life that is waiting for you." —Joseph Campbell
- "Cancer cannot cripple love, it cannot shatter hope, it cannot conquer the spirit." —Unknown
- "Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future. Faith is the courage to dance to it today." —Peter Kuzmic
- "Cancer is a word, not a sentence." —John Diamond
- "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." —Ambrose Redmoon
- "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." —Kenji Miyazawa
- "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at a time of challenge and controversy." —Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- "Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." —Emory Austin
- "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul." —Jim Valvano
- "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone: friendship in another’s trials and courage in your own." —Princess Diana
- "The important thing is not how many years in your life but how much life in your years." —Edward J. Stieglitz
- "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." ―Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." —Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us." —Samuel Smiles
- "Once you choose hope, anything’s possible." —Christopher Reeve
"I’m thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength."
— Alex Elle
Religious Birthday Wishes for a Sick Friend
- May God take care of you, heal you, and grant you good health and happiness. Happy birthday to my sweetheart!
- May God give your body strength to win the battle over breast cancer and ease your way on the path of healing.
- As we celebrate your birthday today, may God relieve the pain and discomfort you are feeling and grant you a speedy recovery so that you may live the rest of your life in peace and joy.
- The cancer threatening your life will never be victorious. May God give you peace of mind, comfort, happiness, courage, and strength to endure your suffering! Here’s wishing you good health and many more birthdays to come.
- We are praying for a speedy recovery and good health as we mark your [insert year] birthday. May the light of God shine upon you and heal you.
Birthday Messages for a Cancer Survivor
- This year, we mark your [insert year] birthday, and we also celebrate [insert year] years of remission. We hope that you have many fantastic years of freedom from cancer ahead. Happy birthday!
- At [age], life is just beginning. Happy [insert year] birthday to an amazing warrior who fought and won the battle over cancer. Here’s wishing you good health for many years to come!
- Today, we celebrate you and your victorious battle against cancer. Happy birthday!
- I hope these birthday wishes find you well. Here’s wishing you many more birthdays to come—congratulations on defeating cancer!
- May you be blessed with good health, happiness, and long life as you celebrate your special day! Happy birthday!
- I’m so happy to hear that you’ve been discharged from the hospital. I’m sending wishes for ongoing remission and a happy and bright future free from cancer. Happy birthday!
- Today, we thank God for keeping you alive to celebrate your [insert year] birthday. Here’s wishing you many more years of good health, happiness, and joy.
Birthday Gift Ideas for a Cancer Patient
Many cancer patients appreciate cards and letters, especially if they are in the hospital, but sometimes, an accompanying gift can be a nice touch. Here are a few birthday gift ideas for cancer patients:
- An insulated water bottle
- A cozy blanket
- A beanie or scarf
- Comfy loungewear
- Gift basket
- Gift cards
In addition to these gift ideas, many cancer patients often need help with their day-to-day activities. You can offer to:
- cook meals for them or their family,
- take them to appointments,
- mow their lawn or tend to their garden,
- take care of their pets,
- or take their kids to activities.
For a cancer survivor, you could get an "I survived cancer" t-shirt, teddy bear, or another reminder of the hard-fought battle they have won.
© 2017 Oyewole Folarin
Molly on July 16, 2020:
Bookmarking this page. These are very helpful message prompts, and just what I was looking for. Thanks!
Natalia on February 22, 2019:
Thanks. There are other conditions that need these words of support and you help confirmed and reassured me while I was writing the greetings to my friend.
Barbie on July 25, 2018:
Thank you! I was thinking why don't they have cards like this? Somebody needs to make them. My husband works at a Christian bookstore, that has so many beautifully spoken words and cards, but this is the one, I could not find. thank you very much!
April on January 28, 2018:
These messages helped me write a a caring Happy Birthday note to my friend with cancer. It is a difficult time for her and trying to find the right words is not always an easy thing to do. Thank you.
Louise Powles from Norfolk, England on February 06, 2017:
Yes, I found this article most helpful thankyou. You've given me lots of ideas for the future.
You will also be interested:
- All around shop vac bags
- Mario x bowser
- 2014 chevy silverado brake recall
- Legendary shards gw2
- Mundo fox directv channel
- Ff8 battle music
- Fallout 76 rare outfits list
- Grey carport
- Akaashi haikyuu
- Gretsch catalog