Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit With 1310 Heavy Duty CV Driveshaft For Jeep Cherokee XJ, Wrangler YJ, TJ & LJ -1310CV-SYE-KIT
You will get a new Tera Flex heavy duty s.y.e. kit and my 1310 CV driveshaft. This will eliminate drive train vibrations on lifted jeeps. We know the length of driveshaft to be able to ship them together. This is a complete kit with instructions. All s.y.e. kits and driveshafts are not built the same. Watch out for cheap junk others sale. These driveshafts only use spicer u joints in my 1310 CV driveshaft. spin balanced at over 100 miles an hour. Full contact 7" slip and spline not the cheaper 3" of spline on the end. Look at the pictures and this is what you will receive(minus the actual transfer case, SYE kit will need to be installed), the best there is. For tech help email. This kit is built to the highest quality for years of 4x4 adventures. These driveshafts are competition proven trail tested and built show quality.
*Old driveshaft measurement from the back of the transfer case body to the center of the pinion yoke u-joint. This measurement is taken at ride height. See the second picture above.*
- Item Requires Shipping
- Free Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Hack 'n Tap Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit
- Do you want to run 4.5" of lift or more on your Cherokee?
- Does your lifted Cherokee have a vibration during accelerating or when driving at highway speeds?
- Do you need a slip yoke eliminator to ensure vibration free highway driving?
- Do you hate transfer case drops because they solve vibrations, but rob ground clearance?
- Do you want to add 1" more ground clearance under the belly of your Jeep where you need it most?
- Did your lift kit come with plastic transfer case drop spacers and you're a little nervous about that?
- Do you just hate slip yokes? I mean really, what was Jeep thinking?
- Are you on a tight budget?
Your friends may tell you that this solution isn't as strong as a heavy duty slip yoke eliminator kit with a new 32 spline output shaft. This is true; our hack-n-tap kit retains the stock 27 spline output shaft, however people have been wheeling very successfully on the stock 27 spline output shaft for many years. Of course if you want the the heavy duty version check it out here, but if you want a budget friendly permanent solution click "add to basket" and we'll ship one out to you right away. You know you want one!! Get rid of that clearance robbing t-case drop and having nothing standing in the way of lifting your Jeep as tall as you want to.
Why do you need this kit?
- Cures driveline vibration caused by lifting a Cherokee 4 1/2" or more.
- Allows you to remove your transfer case drop, gaining you 1" of ground clearance or more, right under the belly of the beast where you need it most! This also moves your transfer case further away from the rocks and allows you to raise your t-case skid plate (if equipped).
- Great for running a lower lift heights to avoid dropping your transfer case.
- Wow, it's so inexpensive!
- Great for tall lift kits where a transfer case drop just isn't enough.
- Installation is easy compared to kits that include a new output shaft.
- It just plain works great!
- You can often use another XJ front driveshaft with this yoke! That means your front and rear driveshafts will be identical!
- All 96 and newer XJ Jeep Cherokee's and 95 and older XJ's when using the seal flange (sold separately as an option above)
*231 transfer cases with the 3 hole mounting seal housing will need the seal flange sold as an option above. This is typically found on older 231 cases(generally pre-1996). If you are not sure, please look at the back of your transfer case before ordering. If you are still unsure after looking, please call us.
Older style - the seal flange is needed
with this style (must have 3 holerear
Newer style - seal flange not needed
with this style.
- ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokee 242 transfer cases
Verify your 242 case has the 27 spline output shaft. These applications will require a custom length driveshaft. Please call us for details.
- ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokee 247/249 transfer cases
These applications use a case hardened output shaft in the transfer case. This can make it difficult to drill and tap successfully without the proper equipment. A custom length driveshaft will be required for this application as well.
- Fits vehicles that have the AX-5/AX-15 manual trans. A custom shaft could be necessary in these vehicles.
- Other Fitments: NP233C
- Cutting, drilling, and tapping required. 3/8-16 hand tap, 1/4" and 5/16" drill bits required. The transfer case output shaft is case hardened, so be sure to cut off the entire pilot hole (or you will need a carbide drill bit).
- WHAT DRIVESHAFT TO USE: This kit is designed to use a factory front Jeep Cherokee driveshaft. A factory XJ front shaft can be found at your local salvage yard for as low as $15! Iron Rock Off Road also sells this kit with the option of adding a brand new custom heavy duty driveshaft. This option can be found in the drop down list at the top of this product page.
- XJ's with over 6.5" lift may require a custom driveshaft. To be certain, you must measure per the instructions. If you are not sure if this will work on your Jeep, please measure per the instructions before ordering.
- Not all XJ's have the ability to utilize the front driveshaft in the rear. Please review the instructions prior to installation.
A Slip Yoke Eliminator(SYE) adapts the rear end of the factory transfer-case from a Slip Yoke style to a Fixed Yoke Style.
The origonal design for the XJ Cherokee rear driveshaft is set up with what is called a single cardan rear driveshaft with a fixed length, fixed at the pinion, and slipping at the Transfer Case to make up for droop and compression of the rear suspention.
An SYE eliminates the slip yoke on the t-case tailshaft by changing it to a fixed mounting point for the rear driveshaft, moving the slip yoke to the driveshaft. This also allows some u-joint setups with higher angle capability for a more vibration free ride down the road.
There are two main types of SYE's, based on the output shaft that is used. The "HD" SYE uses a larger 32 spline output shaft, and is made by various top name vendors. The standard SYE kit provides a shortened stock 28 spline output shaft. One company offers a standard SYE kit without providing another output shaft, so the existing shaft is cut, then drilled and tapped for the new flange bolt. This kit is referred to as a "Hack and Tap".
The main issue with the Factory Slip Yoke is the increased angles on the rear driveshaft after lifting a Cherokee. The more lift, the steeper the angle. The increased angles can cause issues with yoke clearance on the factory slip yoke and increased wear on u-joints. A common fix to cure the yoke bind issue is to use a Slip Yoke from a YJ wrangler.
The increased angle also causes a need to Shim the rear axle to re-set driveline geometry and reduce vibrations. The problem with re-setting the geometry is that this causes the angles to be even steeper because in most cases, the pinion needs to move down and be parallel with the t-case out put. This increases the angles on the rear driveshaft more and more, and (the biggest issue) causes the slip yoke to be pulled out of the tail-cone more than is comfortable, and can cause the slip yoke to pull clean off the t-case mainshaft.
The fix for this is to run a Slip yoke eliminator and a rear driveshaft with a slip joint in it.
There are two main driveshaft choices -
another single cardan (one u-joint at each end - two u-joints total) with a slip joint in it
or a "Double Cardan, Near Constant Velocity" drivesahft with 2 u-joints at one end conected by a uni-ball and one u-joint at the other end. These are often refered to (incorectly) as CV driveshafts, and MOST cherokee's have an example of one of these style shafts in the front end for a front driveshaft.
Most cherokee owners opt for the Double Cardan style shaft due to the increased angle it allows, and the corect pinion angle geometry allowing for a higher clearance under the pinon.
Most driveshaft makers (local or mail order) will have some system of measuring on the vehicle to determine the needed length of your new driveshaft once you have your SYE installed. Talking with them will insure you get your order correct.
If you choose to go with a Hack and Tap SYE, you might need to have a flange syle driveshaft, and in talking with your drivesahft maker, you should mention this, and make sure he has all the adaptors and will get you the parts you need.
I encourage you to search here on and make your own decisions as to what SYE to run, proper driveline geometry, whch rear driveshaft will work best for you, and all of that.
When do I need one?
The general rule of thumb on lift height and need for an SYE goes as follows:
1984-1995 = SYE needed at 4.5" ACTUAL LIFT HEIGHT - ok at 3" lift
1996-2001 = SYE most deffinately needed at 4.5" lift, and most need one at anything over the 2" Budget boost.
These are general guidelines, and you will hear people needing SYE's at 2" and you will hear of people running no SYE and 6" of lift - it is all dependant on the vehicle and the ownwers description of "Fine".
If you put on a lift, and then notice driveline vibrations, this is most likely due to the rear driveshaft, and could possibly be that you need a SYE and driveshaft.
While you may be able to live with your driveshaft vibrations and how that affects you, it is certanly not good for the t-case bearings and seals.
If a Lift Kit is sold with a "transfer case drop", a "motor mount lift", or a "high clearance slip yoke" - thoes are bandaids for a real problem - the REAL solution is to use a Slip Yoke Eliminator and a new driveshaft.
I encourage you to do all your own research as to if you need an SYE and the cost effective ways to run them and how they work.
Nothing in Moderation . . .. . . . .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . .competitor #91 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Ride Racing
Originally Posted by Bryan C.
As if the program is running with some high level of integrity and only the best of the best win.
Sye jeep cherokee
.Driveshaft Geometry \u0026 In Vehicle SYE Install - Rough Country
You will also be interested:
- Flask webpack
- Clear plastic bins cheap
- Mighty fix box
- Aep automatic payment
- 3m filter selection guide
- Jackie cooper wikipedia
- Home depot 36 vanity top
- Bifold badge wallet
- Putnam ny weather
- Car wash in farmington nm